I thought I would share what it is like to be a marine fiance..... -You wait and wait and wait for a phone call only to realize that he won't be calling today
- You can become best friends with a stanger just because they are wearing a USMC shirt or have a sticker on their car.
- You cry when you hear of someones man getting hurt or worse, killed.
- You do your best to survive through the TOUGHEST times even though you don't feel like you can make it another step
- You hold your breath everytime the phone rings....hoping and praying it's him.
- Everytime you go to the store you buy him two or three new things to send him.
- You want to shoot anyone protesting against the war or our troops.
- You do your best to sound chipper on the phone and in emails when all you want to do is just cry with relief because you know he is safe and you miss so bad.
- You dream of being in his arms only to wake up and realize it's just a dream
- You scream when you realize you have a email, phone call, myspace message or ANYTHING from him!
- A simple "i love you" makes your day.
- A simple "i'm okay...I promise" makes it even better!!
- You read of other wife's, girlfriends, fiance's struggles and you cry with them because you understand.
- You never look at the news because it is too depressing and scary
- You can speak in Military time
- You could talk all the lingo with Marines and understand exactly what they are saying.
- You pray for his buddies just as much as him because you know it would kill him to lose a buddy
- You can't watch a war movie without crying
- YOu learn you are more independant than you thought
- And least but definitley NOT last........you learn to pray and rely on God more than you ever had to before. Because you can't protect your man over there...only God can! Sooo don't ever forget to pray for my man, your men and all the other men surving our country! Freedom isn't free...at least not for the Marines and their women...but we do it all over again just to see that everyone else in the world is free.
I'm sure there are many more things I could think about if I really thought about it...but these are just a few I thought of. David called me yesterday and left me a myspace comment today soooo I'm have a good day:-D Thanx for your prayers.....please keep praying for God's safe keeping on our boys!!!!!!!
7 comments:
A FANTABULOUS post!!! I am so glad we were able to hear from him!! I am also happy that this is teaching us ALL to rely on God!! Love ya!!!
Do you hear tear drops falling? What a beautiful post-please keep it for your scrapbook. I am so glad to know you heard from David recently. I pray for him every day-and you. These lessons in dependence on God through prayer will hold you steady throughout your life. I love you bunches!
You AND David are in our prayers each night, and several times through the day. I haven't forgotten about sending you the disc, just been busy, but I'll get it to you!!
We are praying for David and all the other soldiers, etc, over there.
Oh Christa, bless your heart. My husband was in the Air Force during Desert Storm, but fortunately, I never had to see him off. However, I knew many wives that went through the same emotional roller coaster you're on. What a ride, huh?
Your David is in the Lord's hands and I know he's glad he has you at home praying for him and waiting for him.
I prayed for your David and for you too.
~Kristi
Hi, this is David's Aunt Sherry (Thacker) from Indiana. You don't know me, but I am getting to know you!! I loved this post!! As I looked at the "Serious" picture of David, I can really see the Thacker in him. My girls, (your soon-to-be cousins, Bethany and Katie) say he looks alot like my husband Jim. We pray for you every day, and David too, of course. Sometimes it is harder for the ones left at home...the waiting, the not knowing...etc. Well, I don't want to get too long (or personal) on a blogging comment, so anyway, hope to meet you soon and keep your chin up!!
Thanks for posting your thoughts, I understand what you are going through a lot better now. I have you and David in my prayers daily.
Post a Comment